Meghan Markle and Prince Harry said goodbye to their Sussex Royal Instagram account Monday in what looks like their first move in stepping down from their roles as senior members of the royal family. The couple posted for the last time on their joint @SussexRoyal Instagram account announcing that they will no longer be using the social media account or updating SussexRoyal.com, the website they launched at the start of the year.
From this point onwards, the accounts will become inactive yet still remain in existence, “both the Instagram account and website will remain in existence online for the foreseeable future,” a spokesperson for the couple said on Monday.
Meghan and Harry “would prefer that in the immediate weeks and months, the focus remains on the global response to COVID-19.”
View this post on Instagram
As we can all feel, the world at this moment seems extraordinarily fragile. Yet we are confident that every human being has the potential and opportunity to make a difference—as seen now across the globe, in our families, our communities and those on the front line—together we can lift each other up to realise the fullness of that promise. What’s most important right now is the health and wellbeing of everyone across the globe and finding solutions for the many issues that have presented themselves as a result of this pandemic. As we all find the part we are to play in this global shift and changing of habits, we are focusing this new chapter to understand how we can best contribute. While you may not see us here, the work continues. Thank you to this community – for the support, the inspiration and the shared commitment to the good in the world. We look forward to reconnecting with you soon. You’ve been great! Until then, please take good care of yourselves, and of one another. Harry and Meghan
Meghan and Harry “will spend the next few months focusing on their family and continuing to do what they can, safely and privately, to support and work with their pre-existing charitable commitments while developing their future non-profit organization,” the spokesperson continued.
And as previously decided, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will no longer use the name Sussex Royal for their charitable organization. “For now, there will be no additional information on their next steps,” the statement concluded.
Before you go, click here for a full timeline of Meghan & Harry’s relationship.
Source: Read Full Article