Strictly: Shirley Ballas praises Janette Manrara on musical week
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights.You can unsubscribe at any time.
Musicals brighten up our lives with catchy tunes and often heartwarming storylines. During the pandemic, this is one thing which has not been able to continue in the way we would hope. But as the roadmap has set out a plan for theatres reopening, Express.co.uk has the perfect way to prepare to see a live musical once again.
From Hamilton to Hairspray to High Society, musicals have a way of speaking to our soul through beautiful music and loveable characters.
Whether they are telling a true story in a new way or opening theatre-goers up to something totally different, musicals have a way to capture our imaginations.
The COVID-19 pandemic has meant live theatre, especially musical theatre, has been put on hold, meaning many fans have lived without their favourite shows for more than a year.
So can you dip your toe back in the theatre-loving water and guess the musical from these lyrics?
READ MORE: Green Lantern timeline: Does Green Lantern fit into Snyder Cut?
1. Guess the musical from these lyrics: “Something has changed within me, something is not the same/I’m through with playing by the rules of someone else’s game”
2. Guess the musical from these lyrics: “Wasn’t it good? Wasn’t he fine? Isn’t it madness he can’t be mine?”
3. Guess the musical from these lyrics: “Say you love me every waking moment, turn my head with talk of summertime”
4. Guess the musical from these lyrics: “And time and time we have so much to share/I’m not wakin’ up tomorrow mornin’ and findin’ that there’s nobody there”
5. Guess the musical from these lyrics: “If it should chance to be, we should see/Some harder days, empty larder days/Why grouse?”
6. Guess the musical from these lyrics: “Touch me it’s so easy to leave me/All alone with the memory of my days in the sun”
7. Guess the musical from these lyrics: “Without him I feel his arms around me/And when I lose my way I close my eyes and he has found me”
8. Guess the musical from these lyrics: “Don’t tell me not to fly, I’ve simply got to/If someone takes a spill, it’s me and not you”
9. Guess the musical from these lyrics: “Blossom of snow, may you bloom and grow/Bloom and grow forever”
10. Guess the musical from these lyrics: “I dreamed last night I got on the boat to heaven/And by some chance I had brought my dice along”
11. Guess the musical from these lyrics: “Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes/How do you measure, measure a year?”
12. Guess the musical from these lyrics: “As a teacher I’ve been learning/You’ll forgive me if I boast and I’ve now become an expert on the subject I like most”
1. Wicked – Defying Gravity
2. Chess – I Know Him So Well
3. The Phantom of the Opera – All I Ask of You
4. Dreamgirls – And I Am Telling You
5. Oliver! – Consider Yourself
6. Cats – Memory
7. Les Miserables – On My Own
8. Funny Girl – Rain on My Parade
9. The Sound of Music – Edelweiss
10. Guys and Dolls – Sit Down You’re Rockin’ the Boat
11. Rent – Seasons of Love
12. The King and I – Getting To Know You
Source: Read Full Article