Katie Price's partner Carl Woods has had a charge of threatening behaviour against him dropped.
The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) confirmed on Monday (June 13) that the allegation, which came after an argument with Price, 44, was no longer being pursued.
Woods – who popped the question to the mum-of-five last year – is said to be "relieved to finally have his name cleared".
In August 2021, the former Love Island contestant, 33, was charged with using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour following an incident close to Price's home.
The car salesman from Essex appeared in the dock earlier this year, with Price by his side as he arrived at Colchester Magistrates' Court and pleaded not guilty.
The court heard he had "tried to force his way into a house after rowing with Katie and shouting in the street".
Speaking to the Daily Mirror, a spokesperson for the CPS said: "The CPS has an obligation to keep cases under continuous review.
"As part of our review and in accordance with our legal test we concluded that there was no longer a realistic prospect of conviction and the case was stopped."
Carl could have found himself serving up to six months in prison had the trial gone ahead and found him guilty.
Get the latest celebrity gossip and telly news sent straight to your inbox. Sign up to our weekly Showbiz newsletter here.
In March, prosecutor Leigh Hart told the court that the reality TV star got into "an argument with his partner" at home.
"This resulted in his partner leaving his property to go to another property," the court heard the legal professional say.
"The defendant followed her and attempted to force the door of that property and was heard shouting outside in the street which was overheard by neighbours."
Defending Carl, Mark Davies responded by telling those inside Colchester Magistrates' Court how the incident was "nothing more than a squabble" between the couple.
"Carl is relieved to finally have his name cleared," a source close to the 33-year-old told The Sun. "The case really put huge amounts of pressure on him."
They added: "He is now more determined than ever to seek justice against those who contributed towards falsely accusing him."
Source: Read Full Article