Get the best celeb gossip with the Daily Star Showbiz newsletter
We have more newsletters
Rapper Tory Lanez has been found guilty of shooting hip-hop star Megan Thee Stallion.
Lanez, born as Daystar Peterson, was convicted on three charges by a Los Angeles court with the Canadian native facing more than 20 years behind bars as well as potential deportation, the NY Times reported.
The charges include assault with a semiautomatic handgun, carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle and discharging a firearm with gross negligence.
READ MORE:Samuel L. Jackson makes epic Twitter blunder after saucy X-rated 'likes' are made public
According to the Los Angeles County District's Attorney's Office, the 30-year-old artist faced charges of one count of assault with a semi-automatic firearm, one count of carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle, and for inflicting great bodily harm to the 27-year-old rapper on Thursday.
In the trial, the court heard that Megan Thee Stallion, real name Megan Pete, had insulted Lanez in a dispute back in 2020 before demanding to be let out of the car they were in, before Lanez shot five rounds at her.
Earlier this year, Megan discussed the shooting in an an emotional interview with US channel KABC TV.
Aired in April 2022, she said: "He was holding the gun pointing at me," as she claimed that he said "dance b***h" and fired his gun, injuring both her feet.
"I froze, I felt shocked," she said. "I wasn't really sure if this was happening. I looked at the ground and saw the blood, everyone was shocked."
To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.
She continued, adding that Lanez apologised for the incident and said he even went as far to offer herself and her friend, Kelsey Harris, $1 million (£829,670) each to remain silent about what happened.
Lanez, who was charged in October 2020 with the shooting, was photo'd on several occasions entering the court but did not take the witness stand during the trial.
To get more stories from Daily Star delivered straight to your inbox sign up to one of our free newsletters here .
Lily Collins' life – Princess Diana run-in, online danger and Netflix backlash
Alicia Silverstone, 46, strips naked for first time and says 'wear apple leather'
Catherine Zeta-Jones says hubby Michael Douglas is ‘fine’ with her love for another man
- Breaking News
Source: Read Full Article