SEAN Bean is set to be a major player in Snowpiercer's second season as the mysterious Mr Wilford.
The acclaimed actor, who won legions of fans as Ned Stark in Game of Thrones, cuts a decidedly more dapper figure in new pictures of the dystopian drama.
- The best thrillers on Netflix
- The most terrifying horrors on Netflix
- The best true crime series on Netflix
In one shot he smoulders in a velvet dinner jacket and a crisp, white shirt in a luxe-looking train cart.
Another sees him looking over some kind of manual at the head of the vehicle, bathed in sunlight.
Mr Wilford proved to be at the heart of the action in season 1 – despite making his first appearance in the finale.
For a long time the creator of post-apocalyptic train, Snowpiercer, appeared to be overseeing his passengers from a distance.
Melanie Cavill (Jenniffer Connelly) seemed to be serving as a middleman between the billionaire and populace via the hospitality department.
What’s on Netflix, Disney+ and Amazon Prime?
Looking for a new Netflix series to binge or the best movies to watch on Amazon Prime? We have you covered…
- New on Netflix: The best series and films released every day
- The best movies on Netflix to watch right now
- The best series to watch on Netflix
- The most terrifying horrors to watch on Netflix right now
- The best documentaries to watch on Netflix right now
- The best comedies to watch on Netflix right now
- The best thrillers to watch on Netflix right now
- The best kids' shows on Netflix to watch right now
- The best true crime series to watch on Netflix
- The best movies to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series on Disney+
However, it later transpired that Wilford wasn't even aboard the train and Melanie had been secretly in charge the whole time.
After being exposed, Melanie implied that Wilford had died, but when the train's engineers spotted another vehicle in pursuit of them, she feared the worst.
It turned out Wilford was aboard an even larger train, Big Alice, which latched onto Snowpiercer, grinding it to a halt.
In the closing moments of the finale Melanie's daughter boarded the train and demanded that the two leaders made contact, setting up the main plot for season 2.
Given that everybody aboard Snowpiercer thought they were humanity's last suvivors, it's safe to say the revelation made quite the imact.
Since Snowpiercer managed to film the majority of season 2 before the global coronavirus pandemic, the new episodes are still expected to drop before the end of the year.
With the majority of scenes cut in long, narrow sets to simulate train carts, producers pointed out that social distancing would be all but impossible on set.
Snowpiercer season 1 is available to stream on Netflix now.
Source: Read Full Article