HOLLYOAKS fans will be ecstatic to know that the soap will be back to airing five episodes a week from January 18th.
When the UK was first put into lockdown back in March last year, the cast and crew of the Channel 4 soap were told to stay at home to stop the spread of the deadly bug.
After three long months it was confirmed that production resumed in Liverpool, and stars of the soap were back on set doing what they do best in July.
During lockdown, the show was forced to reduce its weekly output to two nights a week so that they wouldn't run out of episodes.
In September they bumped that up to four, and now we can report that Hollyoaks will be back on our screens every Monday to Friday later this month.
The show's official Instagram account revealed the exciting news earlier today with a post that wrote: "The New Year is here… it's the first Monday, and that only means one thing! IT'S TIME for all new #Hollyoaks 2021, starting TONIGHT!
"But there's more… Hollyoaks will be going back to FIVE NIGHTS A WEEK! Yes, that's EVERY weeknight starting from the 18th of January!"
The great news didn't stop there as the post also revealed that they're planning to drop a brand new trailer later on today.
The post added: "AND THERE'S MORE! It's New Year Trailer day! So, keep your eyes peeled at 5pm today, to see what's coming!"
Fans of the show flocked to the comments section to show their excitement over the fantastic news.
One wrote: "It's a great time to be a Hollyoaks fan 😍."
Another said: "5 days a week. Can’t wait 😁 🙌."
A third added: "i’m pleased to hear that it’s going back to 5 nights a week 🤩."
A fourth chimed in: "Get in!"
Despite the current pandemic, the festive period certainly didn't disappoint viewers as they released their four explosive episodes in an All 4 boxset three days before Christmas.
During 2020 fans were vigorously scratching their heads trying to figure out who was in the body bag during the New Years Eve special back in 2019.
Last week it was finally revealed that it was drug dealer Jordan Price (Connor Calland).
The star recently opened up to Digital Spy about his departure and how he managed to keep such a big secret from everybody on set.
He said: "I've known for a good chunk of the year. I wasn't aware immediately at the start, but I've had a good amount of time to build towards that and focus on it.
"It's been a difficult secret to keep but I think I've kept it well."
And viewers of the soap weren't the only ones who were left trying to figure out the person in the bag as he explained the cast were also out of the loop too.
The actor added: "Across the year as a whole, nobody knew. I didn't speak to anybody on set about it. People were speculating but I just kept it in the back of my head."
Source: Read Full Article