HIT ITV show Million Pound Pawn saw one lucky seller over the moon and flush with cash in the latest episode.
Security consultant and dad of three, Martin, showed pawnbroker Kathy his rare Rolex Daytona, which he originally bought for £20,000.
But what is so special about this item?
The model was one of Rolex's most successful watches and the value of certain models like this have almost doubled in the last three years.
Martin admitted he had never worn the watch out of fear “of scratching it.”
Kathy looked at the box the Rolex was in and remarked: “This is your watch? Wow.”
Kathy then turned to her business partner, Stuart, for his advice and to check if the watch was genuine.
Luckily for Martin, Stuart confirmed “this is so sought after, there are so few of them about, everyone wants them. It’s totally genuine, absolutely perfect.”
He added: “Do you know what? I bet it won’t be here a week.”
Viewers later learnt that “Rolex factories shut down during the pandemic and with demand outweighing supply, prices surged.”
What’s on Netflix, Disney+ and Amazon Prime?
Looking for a new Netflix series to binge or the best movies to watch on Amazon Prime? We have you covered…
- New on Netflix: The best series and films released every day
- The best movies on Netflix to watch right now
- The best series to watch on Netflix
- The most terrifying horrors to watch on Netflix right now
- The best documentaries to watch on Netflix right now
- The best comedies to watch on Netflix right now
- The best thrillers to watch on Netflix right now
- The best kids' shows on Netflix to watch right now
- The best true crime series to watch on Netflix
- The best movies to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series on Disney+
Martin also had a gold bar for Kathy to weigh and come back with a price. She confirmed “it’s pure gold all the way through.”
Kathy added, “We are seeing more gold being bought in because people are taking advantage of selling gold in this current climate”.
She revealed, “in the last two months, gold’s gone up £300 an ounce, it’s historically the highest it’s ever been, so, we’ll pay £15,000”.
Happy to accept a massive £41,000 for both the watch and bar of gold, Martin says, "I'm surprised at what a good investment I actually managed to do with the watch. All in all, it was a good deal."
The exchange comes after another seller received a far less positive valuation and was left looking on in horror after her grandfather’s fake Rolex was smashed before her eyes.
Elsewhere, a woman was horrified by the meagre valuation her designer handbag collection received.
Million Pound Pawn is available to watch on the ITV Hub now.
Source: Read Full Article