Olivia Attwood was reportedly forced to drop out of I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! due to the show's "strict rules".
Earlier this week Olivia, 31, left the jungle after just 24 hours to undergo some medical checks and she was soon sighted at Brisbane airport on her way back to the UK to be with her fiancé, Bradley Dack.
And now it has been claimed that the former Love Island star wished to return to the jungle following the medical checks but wasn't allowed due to the show's "strict Covid rules".
A source told The Sun: "She could see it was an impossible situation", adding that if she were to return she would have to go through another week of isolation.
They continued: "It was felt this would be too much time to spend away from the competition and potentially place her campmates at a disadvantage to her.
"Obviously viewers at home couldn’t include her in any votes, including selecting them for different challenges during the series.
"Olivia would have been going back in almost halfway through the series, which simply wasn’t fair.
"As frustrating and upsetting as that was for Olivia, who was willing to do whatever it took to go back, she could also see it was an impossible situation."
OK! has contacted Olivia's representative for comment. ITV declined to comment when approached by OK!
Earlier this week, an ITV representative told OK! over Olivia's exit: "As a precautionary measure Olivia needed to leave the jungle to undergo some medical checks.
"Unfortunately, the medical team has advised it is not safe for Olivia to return to camp as there needs to be further investigation."
"She has been absolutely brilliant and she'll be very much missed on the show," they added.
While on Monday, Olivia's Instagram issued a statement, vowing to reveal the "truth" over the reason for her ITV show exit.
It read: "To say Olivia is heartbroken would be an understatement, she dreamed of doing I'm A Celeb for years, and was absolutely loving every second of the show and throwing herself into jungle life feet first (just as we knew she would)," the spokesperson wrote.
They continued: "However, for reasons beyond her control, her journey has been cut short. Your support and kind words have meant the absolute world to her, now as much as it always has.
"You will hear the truth from Olivia in due course and she will be back on your screens in the New Year," the statement continued.
"P.S. Who's going to roast Matt Hancock now??"
Olivia's fiance Bradley, to whom she got engaged in 2019, also commented on her exit from the show and told the Mail Online: "She'll be gutted. I think she's fine, but I haven't spoken to her.
"I'm really not sure what's happened. I just saw it in the news, like anyone else. I'm waiting for a call.”
- Kate and Wills will watch I’m A Celeb 'to keep an eye on what Mike's saying', says pal
EastEnders star Samantha Womack gives update on her 'terrifying' breast cancer battle
- MAFS' Whitney 'really regrets' Matt relationship: 'He's not the guy I knew'
- I'm A Celeb's Mike Tindall spills details on meeting royal wife Zara and 'boozy' first date
- Get exclusive celebrity stories and fabulous photoshoots straight to your inbox with OK!'s daily newsletter
Source: Read Full Article