Make-up artist, 56, specialising in mature skin reveals how to use ‘stripes’ of highlighter to create an ‘instant face lift’ in seconds
- Cheryl Cavanaugh, 56, from Florida, is a make-up artist focusing on mature skin
- She shared a video tutorial for an instant face lift using ‘stripes’ of highlighter
- She hopes to reach out to more mature women with tips for the best aging skin
A 56-year-old make-up artist has gone viral with a video showing how to give an ‘instant lift’ to mature skin without going under the knife.
Cheryl Cavanaugh, from Tampa, Florida, shared a video showing how a bit of highlighter blended above and below the cheekbones can create the illusion of firmer, tighter skin.
In the short clip, which has been viewed more than 3million times on TikTok and 1million times on Instagram, Cheryl draws two short ‘stripes’ of highlighter – one on a diagonal from under the eye to the hairline, and a second from the corner of the nose upwards.
Cheryl Cavanaugh, 56, from Tampa, Florida, shared a video showing how a bit of highlighter blended above and below the cheekbones can create the illusion of firmer, tighter skin. Pictured, Cheryl without makeup before a transformation (left) and showing off the results
She then uses highlighter to create matching stripes underneath the cheeks.
Using a brush, Cheryl blends the highlighter, creating an instant glow. The highlighter reflects the light, giving the face definition.
Speaking to FEMAIL, Cheryl explained how the trick works: ‘My face lift video is about using light shade to create lift in our face.
‘We all have natural contours and shading on our face, and we can manipulate that by using light and dark make-up.
‘If we use a shade two or three shades lighter than our foundation then that’s how we can find our highlighter shade.
In the short clip, which has been viewed more than 3million times on TikTok and 1million times on Instagram, Cheryl draws two short ‘stripes’ of highlighter – one on a diagonal from under the eye to the hairline, and a second from the corner of the nose upwards (left). After drawing matching stripes under the cheek, Cheryl uses a brush to blend the highlighter (right)
Cheryl, a former occupational therapist turned makeup artist focusing on mature skin, said make-up gives her an outlet for her creativity
From cream blushes to contour, Cheryl shares her tips for mature skin
1. To get the best dewy look, use cream blushes and mix several shades of blush for a custom look.
2. For the eyes use a simple wash of cream bronzer on the lid and a natural looking lash. It can be done in five minutes and it can work wonders.
3. People tend to over complicate their make-up, a lot over contour, best thin to do is to play around with your make up at home and see what suits you.
4. When people contour a lot get it confused with bronzer. Contour should be cool tone to best mimic shadows, and bronzer should be warm tones to best mimic sun light on our face. So bronzer and contour are put in two different places for different reasons.
5. Less is more for mature women, and using color correction and not concealer as it lays differently on the skin and won’t enhance fine lines and wrinkles.
6. Always embrace shimmer eyeshadow.
7. I always encourage mature women to not be afraid of color, we can interpret the younger trends and not always use them full wattage.
8. Color correction is under utilized and I believe we’ll see a lot more companies come out with products geared towards that. So start early.
‘Our faces natural tend to start drooping with age, and by utilizing make-up instead of using invasive cosmetic procedures we can create a look that gives an illusion that we are lifted.’
Cheryl, a former occupational therapist turned makeup artist focusing on mature skin, said make-up gives her an outlet for her creativity.
Cheryl now works as an artist for Seint beauty – a direct sales company with customers in US and Canada, who are yet to ship to the UK.
She continued: ‘I grew up with make-up. My mom was a cosmetologist. It has always been a part of my life and comes second nature to me.
‘I like to think mature skin is my specialty. Forty is when the gravity machine kicks in and my goal is to help mature woman figure out how to navigate the changes with their skin and look their best self.
‘To me looking good means feeling good and feeling good means putting your best self forward to the world.
‘I have so many ideas in my head for different types of videos that I want to do to help people navigate our new make-up world that is just constantly changing.’
One of Cheryl’s main rules with make-up is ‘there are no rules in make-up’ and she said: ‘I don’t like hearing women over 40 asking can I still do this? Do whatever makes you feel good, throw the rule book out.’
She added: ‘My face lift video has exposed me so much because it’s just an easy technique and it can be used by anyone.
‘I like to focus on super quick techniques and tips that are user friendly that people can take away and try out themselves
‘I think our age group is lacking in information and education regarding how we can interpret the trends the younger girls are using into ones we can use on our skin.
‘And I’m hoping to be the one bridging that gap. My videos are a guide so people will translate it to work on their own face.’
In another video, Cheryl breaks down how to zone the face using contour and bronzer in order to maximise natural features. Pictured, Cheryl applying makeup and showing the results
Cheryl often posts videos with quick tips on quick make-up, so everyone can try it at home and is pretty easy to pick up
Source: Read Full Article