Kay Burley is thought to be confined to her home in a fortnight of quarantine, following her recent return from South Africa.
A new mutant strain of coronavirus has been detected from South Africa in the UK, meaning her quarantine restrictions are stricter than most.
The Sky News broadcaster, 60, was pictured travelling from Johannesburg to the UK last week, after enjoying a seven-day safari.
All travellers arriving in the UK from South Africa must adhere to a strict 14-day quarantine, abstaining from mixing with other households, as well as her own.
Kay came back to the UK on December 18th, meaning that her quarantine is set to come to an end on January 1.
While Kay has yet to confirm whether she will be quarantining over the 14-day period, travellers have been ordered to isolate immediately upon their return.
Daily Star has contacted Sky News and Kay’s reps for comment.
Kay returned before news broke that a new Covid strain has been detected on British soil, which has been traced back to South Africa.
The new variant is said to be "highly concerning" and "yet more transmissable,” with Health Secretary Matt Hancock discussing the strain in a recent press conference.
He said: "Both are contacts of cases who have travelled from South Africa over the past few weeks."
Kay travelled to South Africa after she was forced to issue a public apology following her 60th birthday party, during which she broke Covid guidelines.
The broadcaster had hosted a dinner at a restaurant in London, sticking to the rules throughout the evening.
However, near the end of the night, Kay admitted to using a bathroom in a different restaurant – going against government guidance.
Issuing a statement of apology, she said: "On Saturday night I was enjoying my 60th birthday at a Covid compliant restaurant. I am embarrassed to say that later in the evening I inadvertently broke the rules.
"I had been waiting for a taxi at 11pm to get home. Desperate for the loo I briefly popped into another restaurant to spend a penny. I can only apologise."
Kay has now been suspended by Sky News, and will not return to the network until 2021.
Source: Read Full Article