Casualty fans have much cause for celebration day as the popular show returns for a new series – and celebrates its 35th birthday.
Years after it first aired in 1986, Casualty remains a must-see for millions of fans every Saturday night.
But how many episodes have there been over the last three and a half decades, and who was in the original cast?
Here is all you need to know about your favourite medical drama.
How many episodes of Casualty are there?
A whopping 1,212 episodes of Casualty have aired over a 36 series stretch.
Having been broadcast weekly since 1986, Casualty is the longest-running medical drama series in the world.
The 1,000th episode of Casualty aired on June 25, 2016.
Who is in the original Casualty cast?
There have been a whole roster of memorable characters over the decades, but the original series focused on 10 main ones:
- Consultant Ewart Plimmer played by Bernard Gallaghe
- Senior house officer Baz Samuels played by Julia Watson
- Charge nurse Charlie Fairhead played by Derek Thompson
- Staff nurse Clive King playued by George Harris
- State enrolled nurse Megan Roach played by Brenda Fricker
- Student nurse Lisa ‘Duffy’ Duffin played by Cathy Shipton
- Paramedic Sandra Mute played by Lisa Bowerman
- Paramedic Andrew Ponting played by Robert Pugh
- Receptionist Susie Mercier played by Debbie Roza
- Porter Kuba Trzcinski played by Christopher Rozycki
Casualty series 36 starts tonight at 8.45pm on BBC One.
Follow Metro across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Share your views in the comments below
Source: Read Full Article